LocationThe Itria Valley
Recommended start time9am
Biking & Burrata in Trullo Country
This circular route goes deep into the Itria Valley and includes some the oldest and most beautifully “trullo” countryside in the whole of Puglia
This circular route goes deep into the Itria Valley and includes some the oldest and most beautifully “trullo” countryside in the whole of Puglia.
A fully-equipped support vehicle will be discreetly on hand at all time if any needs assistance or simply a rest. We will start with a transfer from your hotel to the UNESCO site of Alberobello, home of the famous trulli houses and a really fairytale landscape.
After about 7km we will stop at a local farm for an insider’s look at burrata cheese-making. This fresh cheese is the wildly indulgent cousin of mozzarella cheese and is native to Puglia. During our visit you will have the opportunity to sample the cheese made this morning – you will never taste fresher than this!
Then we stop at stunning Locorotondo – nicknamed “città del vino” for its excellent dry white spumante (sparkling) wine made from local Verdeca grapes. In Locorotondo, you can meander the atmospheric alleyways bedecked with geraniums and citrus plants.
The ride continues on to Martina Franca – a must-see town for its marvelously intact historic centre, beautiful Baroque architecture, and stunning palazzi; a jewel splendidly positioned on the hillside with wonderful panoramic views across the Itria Valley. En route we will stop for a delicious lunch at one of our favorite spots
- 2 expert cycling guides (1 to ride with you and 1 providing the support vehicle)
- 1 support vehicle fully-stocked with provisions such as electrolyte drinks, sports bars, fresh fruit, spare parts, accessories, First Aid kit and cycling racks
- Use of the finest and best maintained bikes in Southern Italy including helmets & accessories
- Delivery and collection of bikes to and from your hotel (valid for hotels in the Savelletri area)
- Olive oil estate visit and tasting with the proud owner
- Lunch at one of our favorite dining spots on route (with wine)
Our passionate team of experts is on hand to design your dream trip to Southern Italy