LocationThe Itria Valley
Recommended start time9am
Biking & Burrata in Trullo Country
Gain a different perspective of Puglia: explore on 2-wheels, discover the hidden country lanes and visit a mozzarella farm
Gain a different perspective of Puglia: explore on 2-wheels and discover the hidden country lanes and fragrances of the fields. The Itria Valley boasts some the oldest and most beautiful countryside in the region. Cone-shaped trulli houses emerge from the gently rolling hills. Seasonal flowers and fruits adorn the streets. Our expert bike guide will share stories of the traditions and culture while you pedal along the quiet, picturesque roads, lined with dry-stone walls.
A fully-equipped support vehicle will be discreetly on hand at all time if any needs assistance or simply a rest. We will start with a transfer from your hotel (approx. 30 mins) and then hold a dedicated bike fit to make sure you are completely happy with your bikes. During the ride, visit Alberobello, the capital of the famous trulli houses and genuine fairytale landscape. For lunch, stop at a local farm for an insider’s look at burrata cheese-making. This fresh cheese is the wildly indulgent cousin of mozzarella cheese and will make a serious impression on your palate!
Other stops include Locorotondo, where you can meander the atmospheric alleyways bedecked with geraniums and citrus plants and Martina Franca – a must-see town for its beautiful Baroque architecture
- 2 expert cycling guides (1 to ride with you and 1 providing the support vehicle)
- 1 support vehicle fully-stocked with provisions such as electrolyte drinks, sports bars, fresh fruit, spare parts, accessories, First Aid kit and cycling racks
- Use of the finest and best maintained bikes in Southern Italy including helmets & accessories
- Delivery and collection of bikes to and from your hotel (valid for hotels in the Savelletri area)
- Burrata-cheese experience including tasting lunch
Our passionate team of experts is on hand to design your dream trip to Southern Italy