LocationMatera - Central Puglia
When11-18 May 2024
Duration8 days / 7 nights
Culinary Adventures in Puglia & Basilicata with Lyndey Milan
Australian home cook hero and TV personality Lyndey Milan leads a luxurious week of culinary discovery in Puglia
LYNDEY MILAN OAM
“It’s my life’s work to connect, support & inspire people, industry professionals & producers to ‘connect at the table’ by creating innovative culinary & cultural experiences that inform, entertain & nourish deeper connections”. This has naturally led her to become a popular experienced international tour host with travels across the globe in the Mediterranean, Morocco, Puglia, Japan and Australia.
She is a familiar face on television and in print, instrumental in changing the way Australians think about food and wine for four decades via her own nine bestselling cookbooks, nine international TV series and influence as former Food Director of the iconic Australian Women’s Weekly. She is an award-winning multi-media presenter, celebrity chef, MC, speaker, food & wine expert, consultant, debater, judge and regional Australian specialist who makes numerous TV & culinary appearances. She maintains her position at the forefront of Australian and global cuisine and has an ability to connect with all audiences.
During her years as co-host of Fresh TV on the Nine Network, she hosted such visiting chefs as Jamie Oliver, Rick Stein and Gordon Ramsay.
She travels regularly, is a member of the Australian Society of Travel Writers and has an extensive knowledge of all Mediterranean food and wine.
AUS $7439 per person based on double occupancy
Single supplement $1999
- A truly authentic wine and gastronomy experience
- Enthusiastic, full-time tour hosting by Lyndey Milan
- 7 nights lodging at 4 star hotels (standard rooms – upgrades available at a supplement)
- Peace of mind knowing you are with the most professional travel and tour company in Puglia
- Access to the up-and-coming vineyards and small local producers
- Walking tours of the region’s most characteristic towns with certified local guides
- 7 special breakfasts
- 5 memorable lunches
- 6 extraordinary dinners (of which one light aperitif)
- Guest shuttles and transfers
- Accompaniment by Pugliese locals & guides
- An in-depth visit to the UNESCO site of Matera
- Bakery visit in Altamura at a DOP bakery
- Visit to the Trullo Capital, UNESCO Heritage Site, Alberobello
- A hands-on cooking class with Lyndey
- Insider’s look at burrata cheese making
- Salsa di Pomodoro tomato experience
- Olive grove tour and oil tasting at an ancient olive oil estate
- Private lunch at Li Veli winery
Our passionate team of experts is on hand to design your dream trip to Southern Italy